The Same Spirit That Raised Jesus from the Dead You Can Have Too
- Summary: The same Holy Spirit, who later raised Jesus from the dead (Romans 8:11), had at the beginning of Christ's public ministry anointed Jesus to do mighty works of healing, miracles, and deliverance (Acts 10:38). Born-again, Spirit-filled believers have the same all-powerful Holy Spirit to empower you to do similar mighty works.
Genesis 1:1-2 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth ...  and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.
- •• The Holy Spirit is mighty enough to be involved in the creation!
Romans 8:9 You, however, are controlled not by the sinful nature but by the Spirit, if the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Christ.
- •• If you “belong to Christ,” the same “Spirit of God lives in you.”
- • You have the same Spirit of God who created.
• You have the same Holy Spirit that raised Christ from the dead (Romans 8:11).
• You have the same Spirit of God by whom Jesus said He cast out devils.
John 20:21-22 Again Jesus said, “Peace be with you! AS the Father has sent ME, I am sending YOU.”  And with that he breathed on them and said, “Receive the Holy Spirit.”
- •• Think of it! You are sent as Jesus was sent!
- • Indwelt by the Holy Spirit
• Anointed by the Holy Spirit
• Empowered by the Holy Spirit
1 John 2:20, 27 ...you have an anointing from the Holy One ...  the anointing you received from him remains in you...
- •• The anointing of the Spirit came and went from the prophets of the Old Testament.
- • Your Holy Spirit anointing STAYS. You have it NOW. You’ll have it tomorrow and next week.
• The Spirit who heals is in you now.
• The Spirit who reveals is in you now.
• The Spirit with the power to create is in you now.
1 Corinthians 12:7 Now to each one the manifestation of the Spirit is given for the common good.
- •• EACH ONE of you can believe for the manifestation of the Spirit in and through you.
- • 1 Peter 4:10, KJV As every man hath received the gift, even so minister the same one to another.
• How do you get a spiritual gift? — By the Spirit.
• How do you minister that gift? — By the same Spirit.
• These Holy-Spirit enablements are there for you to "manifest" (Paul) ... to MINISTER to OTHERS (Peter).
• Believe for it! GO for it!
Jesus said (Matthew 12:28) that He drove out demons by the Spirit of God. In light of that, read John 14:12.
John 14:12, KJV Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I DO SHALL HE DO ALSO; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.
- •• If you can believe Him, you can do the same works Jesus did.
- • Why? You have the same Spirit of God in you.
• Jesus cast out demons by the Spirit. Believers can cast out demons by the Spirit.
• You have the power to do this and other mighty works by the same Spirit!
Acts 6:3; 8:5-7 Brothers, choose seven men from among you who are known to be full of the Spirit and wisdom.... [8:5] Philip went down to a city in Samaria and proclaimed the Christ there.  When the crowds heard Philip and saw the miraculous signs he did, they all paid close attention to what he said.  With shrieks, evil spirits came out of many, and many paralytics and cripples were healed.
- •• How did Philip manifest miraculous signs, heal the sick, and cast out devils?
- • He was a man “full of the Spirit” (6:3).
• Evangelist Reinhard Bonnke in Africa, ministering by the same Spirit, saw mighty healings and miracles, resulting in 78 million saved during his lifetime of ministry!
• Ananias, a disciple, healed Paul’s blindness.
• Fully submitted to that same Spirit, so can you!
Acts 21:4 Finding the disciples there, we stayed with them seven days. Through the Spirit they urged Paul not to go on to Jerusalem.
- •• Unnamed disciples said to Paul “through the Spirit” not to go to Jerusalem. A revelation — a word of knowledge or word of wisdom — by otherwise unknown disciples.
- • Nearly 30 years ago my wife and I returned from vacation with a sincere, but self-generated, vision to plant a church in Centralia, Washington. Upon returning to our home church, we counseled with an older minister. Not knowing a thing about our plans or intentions, and before we said anything about them, that man of God spoke up and said, through the Spirit, “Don’t be in any hurry to go anywhere!” He had heard from the Holy Spirit, and his Spirit-given counsel steered us away from a wrong course.
• Any Christian can hear similarly by the same Spirit, if we will believe for these things and open our hearts and ears — "He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches" (Revelation 2:7).
Acts 1:5, 8a For John baptized with water, but in a few days you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit....  you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you.
- •• Receive that same power.
- • Let the Holy Spirit anointing come fully on you.
• Submit entirely to Him. Listen to Him. Obey Him.
- •• By the same Spirit, you can do the works Jesus did!
Check out our very popular sermon on "The Anointing of the Holy Spirit"
Shortcuts to Major Topics:
Doctrine & Theology
Gifts of the Holy Spirit
Hearing from God
Holy Spirit | Pentecostal Topics
Power of God
Various Topics Not Listed Elsewhere
Victory over the Devil
Word of God
Sharing is great!
If you've been blessed by our sermon on
The Same Spirit That Raised Jesus You Can Have Too
please share it with your friends.
Email them the browser link. Or
you can post the link on your social
media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.).
Thank you for sharing God's Word!
©2004, James H. Feeney.
Pentecostal Sermons and Bible Studies
by Pastor Jim Feeney, Ph.D.