The Roman Road to Salvation | How to Get Saved
- Summary: God has made the road to salvation and eternal life clear and simple in the bible. Dozens of verses spell out how to be saved. One of the best-known, brief summaries is found in the “Roman Road” to salvation in the Epistle to the Romans.
1) Our Human Condition
Romans 3:23 For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.
- • Every one of us, every mortal human, has sinned.
- • Our sin causes us to “fall short” of God’s glory and His desired relationship with us.
2) Sin’s Penalty
Romans 6:23a For the wages of sin is death…
- • Sin has a payoff — death! Damnation in hell, eternal separation from God.
3) God’s Provision and Solution
Romans 5:8, 6:23b But God demonstrates His own love for us in this: while we were still sinners, Christ died for us … [6:23b] the gift of God is eternal life in Jesus Christ our Lord.
- • Because God loves us, He didn’t want to leave us in our lost, condemned, sinful state — that is, “still sinners.”
- • So He sent His Son Jesus to die for our sins. This is the Gospel in its simplest, clearest form — the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ for our salvation (1 Corinthians 15:2-4). In Christ, God the Father has provided a way for us to be saved! Jesus took upon Himself the penalty for our sins.
4) Our Necessary Response
Romans 10:9, 13 If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved…  for, “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”
- • Confess Jesus as your Lord, including His having the authority to forgive sins that you repent of.
- • Believe that Jesus died for your sins and rose again from the dead.
- • Call on His Name in sincere faith and repentance for your sins.
- • And (vs. 13) you “will be saved”!
The Roman Road to salvation (above) simply and clearly lays out God's plan of salvation. Millions have used it successfully to share the way to salvation through repentance and faith in our Lord Jesus Christ (Acts 20:21). I have also posted a helpful list of salvation scriptures here.
Sharing is great!
If this message has blessed you,
please share it with your friends.
Email them the browser link. Or
you can post the link on your social
media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.).
Thank you for sharing God's Word!
©2014-15, 2018, James H. Feeney.
Pentecostal Sermons and Bible Studies
by Pastor Jim Feeney, Ph.D.