(Click the blue link in the questions for a
Scriptural answer to these Bible FAQs)
• Are the supernatural "spiritual gifts" or "gifts of the Holy Spirit" for today? Didn’t spiritual gifts cease at the end of the first century?
• Who/What is the Holy Spirit? Is He divine? A person? What exactly does He do?
• What about speaking in tongues? Some say tongues are from God; some think they’re from the devil.
• Medical researchers have recently been studying the power of healing prayers for the sick. Do the Scriptures address this subject?
• The ordination of women is a controversy in today's Church. Does the Bible offer any clear guidance to help resolve this issue?
• Is male leadership in the home and in the church God's pattern?
• Does God permit divorce and remarriage under any circumstances?
• What does "a virtuous woman" mean in the sight of God? Does she resemble the image portrayed by the modern Feminist Movement?
• Do the Scriptures teach dancing in church as a praise and worship form for the New Testament Church?
• Some say that there are no more apostles since the end of the first century. What about those who claim there are modern-day apostles and prophets still today, in the 21st century?
• Is the full "fivefold ministry" still in the Church today? Or was it just for the early Church?
• Do you believe in being “slain in the Spirit” | “holy laughter" ("laughing in the Spirit") | "falling out”?
• Should a Christian be unequivocally pro-life?
• Is tithing something that Christians should practice?
• Is there a real place of fire called hell?
• Is the saying true that all roads lead to God?
• Some say that Jesus is fully God, fully divine. Others teach that He is merely a great man or a great prophet. Which is it?
• Different churches seem to baptize in a variety of ways. Does the Bible have a consistent teaching about water baptism?
• Did Jesus' disciples baptize [quote:] "in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit?" Or did they baptize in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ?
• What exactly is the ministry of women in the biblically-based Church?
• I’m confused. Certainly the Father is God, but is Jesus God? Is the Holy Spirit God? Can you help me understand this difficult idea of the Holy Trinity?
• Should we expect to see supernatural signs and wonders today? Or was that just for the early Church?
• Sometimes “spiritual” people act spooky! Does the Bible give a good definition of spirituality?
• I’m a backslider. Will Jesus take me back?
• Can you summarize some biblical keys to a successful marriage?
• Can you help me improve my abilities in personal evangelism?
• My personal prayer life is weak. How can I improve it?
• I hear preachers say we need to “repent”. Can you help me understand what repentance involves?
• Jesus, the Son of God, did many healings and miracles. Aren’t ministers being presumptuous telling us that we can do the same works Jesus did?
• What does “praying in the spirit” mean?
• Why should I attend a Pentecostal church rather than a non-Pentecostal, evangelical church?
Doctrine & Theology
Gifts of the Holy Spirit
Hearing from God
Holy Spirit | Pentecostal Topics
Power of God
Various Topics Not Listed Elsewhere
Victory over the Devil
Word of God
Sharing is great!
If this web page has blessed you,
please share it with your friends.
Email them the browser link. Or
you can post the link on your social
media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.).
Thank you for sharing God's Word!
©2008-2024, James H. Feeney.
Pentecostal Sermons and Bible Studies
by Pastor Jim Feeney, Ph.D.