Summary: Bombarded by TV talk shows, talk radio, and never-ending media ads, Americans are nearly talked to death! If this generation is to be reached with the Gospel of Jesus Christ, it will have to be a Gospel confirmed by the supernatural power of God. This message will help point you in that direction.
1 Corinthians 2:4-5 My message and my preaching were not with wise and persuasive words, but with a demonstration of the Spirit’s power,  so that your faith might not rest on men’s wisdom, but on God’s power.
Acts 10:38 ...how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and power, and how [only AFTER that ANOINTING with supernatural POWER!] he went around doing good and healing all who were under the power of the devil...
•• Prior to the Holy Spirit anointing, Jesus performed no miracles! His very first miracle was subsequent to the anointing, at the wedding feast at Cana (John 2:11).
• After the anointing, Jesus performed numerous healings, He did miracles, He walked on water, multiplied the loaves and fish, and much more.
• And these supernatural signs of power caused many of His listeners to take heed to the things that He said.
•• In obedience to the Great Commission, the disciples “went forth and preached everywhere, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following” (Mark 16:20). And they did this after receiving an oupouring of spiritual power through the mighty baptism with the Holy Spirit (Acts 1:5,8; 2:1-4). You too can be filled with the Spirit and power today!
• We cannot improve on the pattern established by Jesus — God’s Word confirmed with God’s power!
1 Samuel 10:10-11 ...the Spirit of God came upon [Saul] in power, and he joined in their prophesying.  ... they asked each other, “What is this that has happened to the son of Kish? Is Saul also among the prophets?”
•• Saul was timid, shy. The Holy Spirit came on him, and he began to prophesy.
• People said, “What’s happened to Saul?!!”
• It is the supernatural power of God manifested in timid, weak human beings that captures people’s attention.
• Pray for His Spirit to fall on YOU in power. Remember Elisha and his request for a “double portion” of the Spirit that was upon Elijah (2 Kings 2:9).
2 Chronicles 25:7-8 ...“O king [Amaziah of Judah], these troops from Israel must not march with you, for the LORD is not with Israel...  Even if you go and fight courageously in battle, God will overthrow you before the enemy, for God has the power to help or to overthrow.”
•• To his credit, King Amaziah of Judah listened to the word from God and sent the hired Israelite troops home.
• Don’t count on the arm of flesh ... the strength of numbers ... seeking strength through natural means.
• Stop depending on what man can do.
• Instead, confess and depend on the fact that “God has the power to help...”
Psalm 68:28Summon your power, O God; show us your strength, O God, as you have done before.