A Greater Manifestation of the Holy Spirit's Anointing
Summary: Jesus began His miraculous ministry only after His anointing by the Holy Spirit. How can we expect to succeed without that same Holy Ghost anointing in us? Let's look today at how we can experience a greater anointing from God in our lives and ministries.
• You and I need that anointing — and a greater measure and manifestation of it than we have experienced to date.
Luke 4:18 “The Spirit of the Lord is on me, because he has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners and recovery of sight for the blind, to release the oppressed,  to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor.”
•• Jesus said He was anointed by the Spirit “TO preach ... TO proclaim ... TO release...”
•• God wants to anoint you to do certain things — not everything, but certain things.
• God has given me an anointing to counsel men who are in or coming into ministry.
• God has not given me an anointing, for example, for street-corner evangelism.
•• Key point: Focus your ministry efforts where you are anointed.
• You will find success and will bear fruit where God has called you and for that purpose has anointed you.
2 Kings 3:15-16 “But now bring me a harpist.” While the HARPIST WAS PLAYING, the hand of the Lord came upon Elisha  and he said, “This is what the Lord says...”
•• The kings of Israel, Judah, and Edom needed a word from the Lord and went to see Elisha the prophet.
• Elisha called for music, then he heard from God.
•• Music — the worship service, Christian CDs, personal, individual singing to the Lord — can wonderfully stir up the anointing in you.
• See how important the worship service is!
•• There’s a broader principle here — beneficial spiritual influences (here, music) will help you to stir up the anointing.
• Prayer ... quiet meditation ... devotional bible reading ... Christian background music ...
2 Kings 2:9b [Elisha said] “Let me inherit a double portion of your spirit...”
•• To increase the anointing, seek that increase. Elisha was seeking a double-portion, a greater measure of, that spiritual anointing.
• The apostle Paul said to “desire”spiritual gifts. (1 Corinthians 14:1, KJV). The gifts of the Holy Spirit are intended by God to be part of our Christian experience. Spirit-filled believers are called to minister in the power of the Holy Spirit.
•• To increase in the anointing, remember always that your Savior Jesus is the Baptizer with the Holy Spirit.
• And remember (John 3:34) that Jesus received the Spirit “without limit.”
• So He can surely anoint you with a greater measure of the Spirit than you now have. How?...
John 7:37-39 ...“If anyone is thirsty, let him COME TO ME and drink.  Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, streams of living water will flow from within him.” By this He meant THE SPIRIT..."
•• Come to Jesus to drink deeply of the Holy Spirit.