Jesus Wants to Be WITH YOU
- Summary: Jesus doesn't remain detached and isolated from His followers. Far from it! To the contrary, Jesus desires continually to be with you!
Psalm 16:11 ...in thy presence is fulness of joy.
- •• There is no more joyous place than God's presence.
- • He has built into us a longing to be with Him.
• And Jesus Himself wants to be with you!
• John 14:3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me...
• Jesus’ continual desire is to be with you.
Mark 5:18 As Jesus was getting into the boat, the man who had been demon-possessed begged to go with him.
- •• Think back to those first days of your salvation, to that compelling desire to fellowship with Jesus.
- • Don’t lose that early zeal, that first love, that longing to be close to the Lord.
Luke 22:15 And he said to them, “I have eagerly desired to eat this Passover with you before I suffer.”
- •• Jesus is “the same...today.” He longs for personal fellowship with His “friends”.
- • Imagine the disciples’ joy sitting around the evening fire with Jesus, chatting, learning...
• Jesus wants the same with us today. He desires to be with you today.
• Remember His post-ascension invitation to the disciples to “Come and dine” with Him? (John 21:12, KJV)
Luke 15:1-2 Now the tax collectors and “sinners” were all gathering around to hear him.  But the Pharisees and the teachers of the law muttered, “This man welcomes sinners and eats with them.”
- •• The Pharisees murmured, “He welcomes sinners, and [even] eats with them!”
- • Yes, He does! And aren’t you glad!
• Jesus is not ashamed to be with us imperfect people. No matter what sins plague your conscience, Jesus is not ashamed to come to you, to be with you, to forgive you, to love you.
• Don’t let sin hinder your fellowship with Him. Confess it, ask His forgiveness, and “come and dine!”
Mark 3:13-14 Jesus went up on a mountainside and called to him those he wanted, and they came to him.  He appointed twelve — designating them apostles — that they might be with him and that he might send them out to preach...
- •• This is a key to successful ministry — spend time with Jesus before going “out to preach.”
- • When we are with Him, we sense His heart for people.
• When we are with Him, we discern His message for the present time or need.
• Time with Him strengthens us for the time spent going “out to preach” — that is, in ministry.
Mark 16:19-20 After the Lord Jesus had spoken to them, he was taken up into heaven and he sat at the right hand of God.  Then the disciples went out and preached everywhere, and the Lord worked with them and confirmed his word by the signs that accompanied it.
- •• If you’ve been with Him in fellowship, prayer, and Bible study, He will be with you to confirm your ministries with a demonstration of His power.
- • Peter to lame Aeneas (Acts 9:34): “Jesus Christ heals you.” Peter knew Jesus was with him.
Acts 4:13 When [the Jewish leaders] saw the courage of Peter and John and realized that they were unschooled, ordinary men, they were astonished and they took note that these men had been with Jesus.
- •• Being with Jesus is what makes “unschooled, ordinary men” powerful witnesses for the Lord.
•• There is something about those who spend time “with Jesus” that causes others to “take note.”
Revelation 3:20 Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me.
- •• He has come to your door, desiring fellowship with you.
- • He is knocking at your door.
• Will you hear? Will you open your door to Him? Will you grant Him time and access to be with you?
• If so, Jesus will come in and eat with you!
Matthew 28:19-20 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,  and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.
- •• The Great Commission closes with: “And surely I am with you always, to the very end...”
- • Jesus will never leave you nor forsake you.
• He is knocking; let Him into your heart and into your day. He desires to be WITH YOU!
Shortcuts to Major Topics:
Doctrine & Theology
Gifts of the Holy Spirit
Hearing from God
Holy Spirit | Pentecostal Topics
Power of God
Various Topics Not Listed Elsewhere
Victory over the Devil
Word of God
Sharing is great!
If this message has blessed you,
please share it with your friends.
Email them the browser link. Or
you can post the link on your social
media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.).
Thank you for sharing God's Word!
©2006, James H. Feeney.
Pentecostal Sermons and Bible Studies
by Pastor Jim Feeney, Ph.D.