(Click the blue link in the question for a
Scriptural answer to these Bible FAQs)
• Are the supernatural "spiritual gifts" or "gifts of the Holy Spirit" for today? Didn’t spiritual gifts cease at the end of the first century?
• Who is the Holy Spirit? Is He divine? A person? What exactly does He do?
• What about speaking in tongues? Some say tongues are from God; some think they’re from the devil.
• Medical researchers have recently been studying the power of healing prayers for the sick. Do the Scriptures address this subject?
• What about same-sex marriage? Is the Bible against gay marriage, for it, or neutral?
• The ordination of women is a controversy in today's Church. Does the Bible offer any clear guidance to help resolve this issue?
• Is male leadership in the home and in the church God's pattern?
• Does God permit divorce and remarriage under any circumstances?
• What is a virtuous woman in the sight of God? Does she resemble the image portrayed by the modern Feminist Movement?
• Do the Scriptures teach praise and worship dancing for the New Testament Church?
• Some say that there are no more apostles since the end of the first century. What about those who claim there are modern-day apostles and Christian prophets today?
• Is the full "fivefold ministry" still in the Church today? Or was it just for the early Church?
• Do you believe in being “slain in the Spirit” | “holy laughter" | "falling out”?
• Should a Christian be unequivocally pro-life?
• Is tithing something that Christians should practice?
• Is there a real place of fire called hell?
• Is the saying true that all roads lead to God?
• Some say that Jesus is fully God, fully divine. Others teach that He is merely a great man or a great prophet. Which is it?
• Different churches seem to baptize in a variety of ways. Does the Bible have a consistent teaching about water baptism?
• What exactly is the ministry of women in the New Testament Church?
• I’m confused. Certainly the Father is God, but is Jesus God? Is the Holy Spirit God? Can you help me understand this difficult idea of the Holy Trinity?
• Should we expect to see supernatural signs and wonders today? Or was that just for the early Church?
• Sometimes “spiritual” people act spooky! Does the Bible give a good definition of spirituality?
• I’m a backslider. Will Jesus take me back?
• Can you give me a short, well-proven recipe for a happy marriage?
• Can you help me improve my abilities in personal evangelism?
• My personal prayer life is weak. How can I improve it?
• I hear preachers say we need to “repent”. Can you help me understand what repentance involves?
• Jesus, the Son of God, did many healings and miracles. Aren’t ministers being presumptuous telling us that we can do the same works Jesus did?
• What does “praying in the spirit” mean?
• Why should I attend a Pentecostal church rather than a non-Pentecostal, evangelical church?
• I feel like I'm in a spiritual drought. Is there any solution?
• What exactly happens when a Christian dies?
©2008-2016, James H. Feeney.
Pentecostal Sermons and Bible Studies
by Pastor Jim Feeney, Ph.D.