• Character is more important than “charisma”.
• That being said, “charisma” — that is, genuine Holy-Spirit giftedness — is very much needed in our churches and our ministries.
• Faithfulness is a priceless virtue in Christians.
• Jesus Christ loves the Church; so should we love His Church.
• It’s far more important to please God than to please man.
• Don’t be intimidated or swayed by man’s judgment of you. Take to heart the apostle Paul’s words:
• God put the Levites into retirement at age 50 (Numbers 8:24-25). This should remind us of how important it is that we train the next generation to replace us.
• Your first mission field is your children. Raise them “in the training and instruction of the Lord” (Ephesians 6:4).
• My first pastor taught us that our three top priorities should be (1) God, (2) family, and (3) ministry — in that order. I agree totally.
• A husband selflessly and devotedly loving his wife is, I believe, the single most important key to a happy marriage.
• What I call “The Three C’s of a Happy Marriage” are commitment, companionship, and communication.
• God is not looking for sprinters, for flashes-in-the-pan. Rather, he desires long-haulers, committed believers who are “finishers”.
• It is a joy beyond description to see your grown-up children serve God on their own. Make every sacrifice needed to raise your children to know and serve the Lord.
• With every passing year I am more convinced than ever of the truth of the popular Christian poem: "Only one life, 'twil soon be past. Only what's done for Christ will last."
• The supernatural gifts of the Holy Spirit are never carnal. It is people who are carnal. And the Corinthian church was not called carnal because of their spiritual gifts, but because of their personal divisiveness and sectarianism (1 Corinthians 3:1-4, KJV).
• Preaching alone does not fulfill the Great Commission. It also requires the demonstration of the Holy Spirit's power.
Sharing is great!
If this message has blessed you,
please share it with your friends.
Email them the browser link. Or
you can post the link on your social
media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.).
Thank you for sharing God's Word!
©2005-2019, James H. Feeney.
Pentecostal Sermons and Bible Studies
by Pastor Jim Feeney, Ph.D.