The Best Is Yet to Come: A Sermon to Help You Not to Quit!
- Summary: There are amazing things yet to be experienced by those who in this life receive Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. For those who are born again through repentance and faith in Him, there are better days ahead. In fact, regardless of your life experiences to date, the best is yet to come! Don't quit. Don't get weary and give up. This message gives a glimpse of the bright futures that lie ahead for those who serve the Lord. The old saying that "you ain't seen nothing yet" accurately describes the Christian's future.
1 Corinthians 2:9-10a ...“No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him”— [10a] but God has revealed it to us by his Spirit.
- •• Natural faculties cannot grasp the greatness of what lies ahead for believers. But we get glimpses of it by God’s revelation. And we see that the best is yet to come!
Job 19:25-27a I know that my Redeemer lives, and that in the end he will stand upon the earth.  And after my skin has been destroyed, yet in my flesh I will see God;  I myself will see Him with my own eyes.
- •• Revelation 22:3-4 ...The throne of God and of the Lamb will be in the city, and his servants will serve him.  They will see his face...
•• Born-again believers, you will see God! You will see His face!
- • The Revelation 22 verses say we will see both God the Father and Jesus His Son.
• A pastor friend of mine says that his greatest moment in all of eternity will be that first experience of seeing the Lord's face. God has blessed this man's life, ministry, and family. But he understands that even better days lie ahead and the best is yet to come!
Philippians 3:20-21  ...who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body...
- •• At the return of Jesus Christ in His Second Coming, our vile, mortal, corruptible body will be put off and a glorious body put on, just like Jesus’ glorious body!
- • Immortal, incorruptible, perfect, glorious...
1 Thessalonians 4:15-17 According to the Lord’s own word, we tell you that we who are still alive, who are left till the coming of the Lord, will certainly not precede those who have fallen asleep.  For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first.  After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever.
- •• Rapture? Yes! At His coming! Not before.
- • The dead in Christ shall rise first.
• The living believers will be caught up with them.
• We will meet Jesus in the air.
• We will be with Him forever! Your future is secure. Yes indeed, your best is yet to come!
Revelation 20:4-6 ...They came to life and reigned with Christ a thousand years.  (The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended.) This is the first resurrection.  Blessed and holy are those who have part in the first resurrection. The second death has no power over them, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with him for a thousand years.
- •• The Millennium.
- • Begins at the first resurrection.
• Priests of God and of Christ
• Reign with Him 1,000 years.
Revelation 21:3-4 And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Now the dwelling of God is with men, and He will live with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God.  He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”
- •• We will actually live with God.
•• God will wipe away every tear —
- • No more death
• No more mourning
• No more crying
• No more pain
Matthew 8:11 I say to you that many will come from the east and the west, and will take their places at the feast with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven.
- •• Imagine this! Sitting and eating at a feast with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob!
- • Strongly suggesting also: with Paul, Peter, John, Timothy...
• With your believing loved ones!
Psalm 16:10-11 ...you will not abandon me to the grave, nor will you let your Holy One see decay.  You have made known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand.
11, KJV ...in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore.
- •• Godly pleasures and fullness of joy at God’s right hand for evermore! Throughout all eternity! Believers, comparing our present life to then, to borrow the old secular saying, "You ain't seen nothing yet!" The great apostle Paul, anticipating the great joys of heaven, exclaimed that it is "better by far" (Philippians 1:23).
Astounding things lie ahead for you.
The best is yet to come!
- • Keep loving God.
• Keep serving Him.
• Stay holy, stay faithful to Him.
• Look forward to an indescribably joyful eternity in His presence!
Check out our related sermon: Your Future Can Be Better By Far; It's Your Choice
Subscribe (always free)
Shortcuts to Major Topics:
Doctrine & Theology
Gifts of the Holy Spirit
Hearing from God
Holy Spirit | Pentecostal Topics
Power of God
Various Topics Not Listed Elsewhere
Victory over the Devil
Word of God
Sharing is great!
If you've been blessed by our sermon on
The Best Is Yet to Come, Don't Quit Now!
please share it with your friends.
Email them the browser link. Or
you can post the link on your social
media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.).
Thank you for sharing God's Word!
©2006, 2015, James H. Feeney.
Pentecostal Sermons and Bible Studies
by Pastor Jim Feeney, Ph.D.