The End Times: A One-Page Bible Summary of the End of Days
- Summary: These very brief notes summarize a number of my sermons over the years. They give a concise summary of the end times (or the "last days" or "end of days") as I understand them and are intended for the serious bible student. My prayer is that this outline will provide some "seeds and leads" for more intense bible study of events at the end of the world as we presently know it.
1. Genesis 1,2 — Six days of creation, a seventh day of rest.
2. 2 Peter 3:8; Psalm 90:4 — A “day” = 1,000 years in God’s sight.
3. Hosea 6:2 — Church Age = 2,000 years (counting from the Church's founding by Jesus, not from the date of Jesus' birth)
4. 2 Corinthians 11:2 — Church is “espoused” to Jesus as His Bride (see Matthew 25:1-10).
5. Revelation 12:1,6,14-17 — Church-Bride taken out to a place of safety for the last 3-1/2 years before Christ's return.
- Vs. 17 — Not all believers are taken out to safety. Note: no pretribulation "rapture."
6. Revelation 13:1,4-8,15 — Antichrist reigns during the same 3-1/2 years mentioned in #5 above. The remnant of believers (not taken out) is slain, after which comes #7 below.
7. 1 Thessalonians 4:15-17 — Jesus’ one-and-only Second Coming: dead saints resurrected; living saints caught up with them to meet Jesus as He comes.
8. Revelation 20:1-6 — Resurrected saints —> Millennium (1,000 years).
9. Revelation 20:11-15 — The lost resurrected after Millennium. White Throne Judgment.
10. Revelation 22:5 — Saints live and reign with God eternally.
An excellent, detailed Bible study of the time frame of Scripture leading to the last days is at Bible teacher Elton McMillan's The End Times Explained Step by Step. I highly recommend it.
Subscribe (always free)
Shortcuts to Major Topics:
Doctrine & Theology
Gifts of the Holy Spirit
Hearing from God
Holy Spirit | Pentecostal Topics
Power of God
Various Topics Not Listed Elsewhere
Victory over the Devil
Word of God
Sharing is great!
If this message has blessed you,
please share it with your friends.
Email them the browser link. Or
you can post the link on your social
media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.).
Thank you for sharing God's Word!
©2006, 2018 James H. Feeney.
Pentecostal Sermons and Bible Studies
by Pastor Jim Feeney, Ph.D.