Summary: What will it take to ignite revival fires in America? It will take more than the traditional "revivalism" of earlier years. God offers five simple keys to turning this nation back to God and regaining His blessing upon the land.
2 Chronicles 7:13-14 When I shut up the heavens so that there is no rain, or command locusts to devour the land or send a plague among my people,  If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
•• We need revival in America, in our churches, and in our personal lives. America has in the past seen great revivals — the Great Awakenings, the Cane Ridge revival, the Azusa Street revival, and the Charismatic Movement, to name a few.
• America would surely be blessed by a successful return of the great tent revival ministries — with or without the tents! But national revival is not dependent on a resurrection of the revivalism of an earlier era, as good and effective as much of that was.
• Rather, 2 Chronicles 7:14 gives us five keys to revival fires igniting again in America! These are keys that you and I can participate in, with or without the ministry call of an evangelist in our lives.
1) It depends on the response of GOD’S PEOPLE, those who are called by His name — that is, revival depends on the actions of CHRISTIANS!
Psalms 85:6-9 Will you not revive us again, that your people may rejoice in you?  Show us your unfailing love, O LORD, and grant us your salvation.  I will listen to what God the LORD will say; he promises peace to his people, his saints — but let them not return to folly.  Surely his salvation is near those who fear him, THAT HIS GLORY MAY DWELL IN OUR LAND.
• Important — revival does not depend on the lost.
• When WE are revived, God’s “salvation is near ... [and] His glory may dwell in our land.”
• For our land to be healed, it begins with “If my people ... called by my name.”
• We need to get RE-vived before unbelievers get “vived” in the first place!
2) “If my people will HUMBLE themselves” —
1 Peter 5:5b-6 All of you, clothe yourselves with humility toward one another, because, “God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble.”  Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time.
•• By definition, “revival” [“RE”] is intermittent.
• The Bible itself shows many instances of Israel in spiritual decline, needing spiritual revival.
• Church history shows many times of apostasy.
• We will inhibit revival if we look at our nation with a self-righteous, judgmental attitude.
• Daniel fasted, sought God, and repented for his nation AND for himself.
• Graciously, kindly, in sincere humility reach out to our community. “Consider others better...”
• We desperately need God’s grace for revival. Remember, He “gives grace to the humble.”
•• Humble yourselves, and God will “heal our land.”
3) “If my people will...PRAY” —
John 17:20 My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message.
Romans 10:1 Brothers, my heart’s desire and prayer to God for the Israelites is that they may be saved.