by Pastor Jim Feeney, Ph.D.
Sermon Summary: There is nothing in your life — sin, sickness, addictions, afflictions, whatever! — that Jesus cannot overcome. He is "Lord of all", so let Him be Lord in your life over every area that needs His touch.
Acts 10:36 ...Jesus Christ ... is LORD OF ALL.
•• No matter what problem or situation you face, Jesus is Lord over it.
Matthew 28:18-20 Then Jesus came to them and said, “ALL AUTHORITY in heaven and on earth has been given to ME.... [20b] And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” [caps mine]
•• The One who has all authority in the universe is with you today...and every day.
• Have a broken heart? — (Isaiah 61:1, Amplified Bible) Jesus has power to “heal the brokenhearted.”
• And He is with you to heal it.
• Facing a great obstacle? Jesus has power to move mountains!
• Ask the "Lord of all" to be Lord over your obstacle.
• Facing financial difficulties? Work hard, and let Jesus be the solution to and Lord over your need.
Matthew 9:5-7 “Which is easier: to say, ‘Your sins are forgiven,’ or to say, ‘Get up and walk’?  But so that you may know that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins. . . .” Then he said to the paralytic, “Get up, take your mat and go home.”  And the man got up and went home.
•• If Jesus is "Lord of all", then He is is Lord over sin and sickness.
•• Sin — Is there some area in which you can’t seem to get victory?
• Jesus is Lord over sin —
• He overcame every temptation in His own life.
• Then He conquered sin at the cross for us.
• He has authority to forgive our sins.
• Come to His throne of grace for help and victory.
•• Sickness — He was Lord over the paralysis.
• My wife Mickey was infertile for 6+ years. We and others prayed to the Great Physician. The Lord-over-sickness healed her, and she bore us four children since that healing and lived to see three of our grandchildren before going to her heavenly reward (see Tribute to a Life Lived Well).
• Jesus is Lord over infertility ... Lord over paralysis ... Lord over (fill in your need for healing).
• That’s why we pray for the sick in every church service. The "Lord of all", Jesus, who conquered both sin and sickness, is present to heal.
• Jesus is Lord over His creation. He walked on water, He cursed the fig tree, He multiplied the loaves and fish. And He healed the sick.
Mark 4:37-41 A furious squall came up, and the waves broke over the boat, so that it was nearly swamped....  He got up, rebuked the wind and said to the waves, “Quiet! Be still!” Then the wind died down and it was completely calm....  They were terrified and asked each other, “Who is this? Even the wind and the waves obey him!”
•• The One with all authority in heaven and on earth can calm any raging storms you are going through.
• Feel like you're in a furious squall?
• Do you feel nearly swamped?
•• Ask the Lord of all to say to your storm, “Be still!”
Matthew 8:30-32 Some distance from them a large herd of pigs was feeding.  The demons begged Jesus, “If you drive us out, send us into the herd of pigs.”  He said to them, “GO!” So they came out and went into the pigs, and the whole herd [Mark: 2,000] rushed down the steep bank into the lake and died in the water.
•• Is the devil harassing you? vexing you? fighting you? disheartening you? opposing you without a letup?
• Jesus is Lord over the devil. The demons begged Him for mercy.
• 2,000 demons had to obey His single word, “GO!”
•• Walk side by side with Jesus, and watch the devils flee.
• Let Him say on your behalf, “Get thee hence, Satan!”
Hebrews 4:15-16 For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are — yet was without sin.  Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.
•• Jesus sympathizes with your weakness, your need, your problem, your struggle.
• He is Lord over all that you can bring to Him.
• Come boldly to His throne of grace (KJV).
• Seek His help in your time of need.
• Whatever your need is, He is Lord over it!
Romans 10:9 ...if you confess with your mouth, “JESUS IS LORD,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be SAVED. [caps mine]
•• Let’s confess it aloud right now — “Jesus is Lord.”
• Lord over how much of your life's problems and needs? — Jesus Christ ... is LORD OF ALL (Acts 10:36).
• [Closing invitation] Would anyone this morning like to confess faith in Jesus Christ for the first time in your life and be saved and become a son or daughter of God?
• Jesus Christ the Lord of all will become the Lord of your life, not just for this present time, but for all eternity.
Preached at South Valley Church, Phoenix, Oregon, April 17, 2005
©2005, James H. Feeney. Copyright statement.