A Supernatural Move of God Includes You
by Pastor Jim Feeney, Ph.D.
- Summary: Pastor Dave preached recently on “stepping out.” Amen! We all desire a supernatural move of God, with an abundance of divine healings, miracles, supernatural signs, and other spiritual gifts. Others are saying they sense a stirring — a sensing that God is preparing to move through us. Let’s look at that today: getting READY to move with God.
Isaiah 6:1, 8 In the year that King Uzziah died, I saw the Lord seated on a throne, high and exalted, and the train of his robe filled the temple....  Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?” And I said, “HERE AM I. SEND ME!”
- •• Be like Isaiah: “Here am I, Lord, send me!”
- • Purpose to be in the arena, not the grandstand.
• Press for the revelation of the Lord’s heart for your ministry — “I saw the Lord ... ‘Send ME!’ ”
Acts 11:2-5a, 15-18 So when Peter went up to Jerusalem, the circumcised believers criticized him  and said, “You went into the house of uncircumcised men and ate with them.” ... [5a] “I was in the city of Joppa praying, and in a trance I saw a vision....  As I began to speak, the Holy Spirit came on them as he had come on us at the beginning....  So if God gave them the same gift as he gave us, who believed in the Lord Jesus Christ, who was I to think that I could oppose God?”  When they heard this, they had no further objections and praised God, saying, “So then, God has granted even the Gentiles repentance unto life.”
- •• Kill your prejudices. We need to erase our blackboard and give the Lord a blank slate.
- • God may bring across your path people of different nationalities, races, and lifestyles.
• We may need to have “no further objections.”
John 21:3-6 ...that night they caught nothing....  He called out to them, “Friends, haven’t you any fish?” “No,” they answered.  He said, “Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some.” When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish.
- •• These were trained, professional fishermen. But they had the good sense to listen to Jesus: “Cast your nets over there.”
- • HE knows where the catchable fish ARE.
• HE knows when they’re BITING.
• HE knows far more than trained professionals!
• In sum, Jesus knows where the hungry, winnable souls are.
1 Corinthians 14:1, 24-25 Follow the way of love and eagerly desire spiritual gifts, especially the gift of prophecy....  But if an unbeliever or someone who does not understand comes in while everybody is prophesying, he will be convinced by all that he is a sinner and will be judged by all,  and the secrets of his heart will be laid bare. So he will fall down and worship God, exclaiming, “God is really among you!”
- •• “Eagerly desire spiritual gifts” — we’ll need them if it’s to be God moving and not just man.
- • Our best abilities are unimpressive to the world.
• God's supernatural power is impressive. Genuine, anointed, Holy Ghost ministry touches people deeply.
Romans 10:1 Brothers, my heart’s desire and prayer to God for the Israelites is that they may be saved.
- •• Focused prayer for souls —
- • Paul named the object of his prayer: the salvation of his fellow Israelites.
• NAME to God those you are praying for.
• Psalm 2:8, KJV ASK of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance...
Psalm 51:13, KJV Then will I teach transgressors thy ways; and sinners shall be converted unto thee.
- •• Be ready to share the WORD — not just preaching, but also bible teaching can be evangelistic.
- • I co-taught a winter-long bible study in Palmer, Alaska in the mid-1970s, and dozens were saved during the course of those bible teachings.
Summary of "A Supernatural Move of God Includes You!":
1) Have the attitude: “Here am I, Lord, send ME!”
2) Overcome your prejudices.
3) Listen to Jesus, who knows where there are plenty of catchable fish and when they are "biting."
4) “Eagerly desire spiritual gifts.”
5) Pray with focus for souls by name.
6) Share the Word of God every chance you get. His Word, not just your thoughts.
Click the blue links to go to our
Free Online Pentecostal Sermons
or our Pentecostal Bible Studies
©2004, James H. Feeney. Copyright statement.