Summary: Copy the one-page jpeg below to your computer. Print several copies and place them around your house where you'll see them often. Read them aloud several times a day, and I can virtually guarantee that your faith will grow to receive supernatural healing from God.
PC users can right-click the jpeg above, copy it to your computer, and print it. Mac users can drag it to your desktop and print it. Place copies throughout your home and read them aloud every day.
Each of these four Scriptures gives us some faith-building insights. We're not going to look at them “doctrinally,” but more in the sense of a communication between you and the Lord. Let’s see what He has to say to you.
Exodus 15:26 He said, “If you listen carefully to the Lord your God and do what is right in his eyes, if you pay attention to his commands and keep all his decrees, I will not bring on you any of the diseases I brought on the Egyptians, for I am the Lord who heals you.”
• He is “the Lord”! There is nothing that is too difficult for Him. The healing of your illness or disability is effortless for the God who created the heavens and the earth (Genesis 1).
• He is “the Lord who heals.” God’s promise for those who believe in Him and serve Him is that He will not bring diseases on you. But rather, His desire is to heal you, not to afflict you with illness.
• He is “the Lord who heals you.” If you’re serving the Lord as the first part of the verse says, then His promise to you is that He's your Healer.
• In sum, He is “the Lord … who heals … you”!
Psalm 103:2-3 Praise the Lord, my soul, and forget not all his benefits — who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases.”
• Again, He is “the Lord,” and there is nothing impossible or even difficult for Him to do. God who had the power to raise His Son Jesus from the dead certainly has the power to cure your disease.
• God is loving and gracious to His children. He has “benefits” for us, and physical healing is one of them.
• God “heals all your diseases,” not just the “easy” ones. Cancer, blindness, heart conditions, whatever you need healed — they are “all” covered by God’s healing power.
• The God who willingly receives repentant sinners and “forgives all your sins” just as certainly receives sick people and “heals all your diseases.”
• And again, “the Lord … heals all your diseases.” Look to Him in faith. You are included among those He desires to heal.
• In sum, He is “the Lord [who] … heals all … your diseases” as one of His gracious “benefits.”
Matthew 8:16-17 …many who were demon-possessed were brought to [Jesus], and he drove out the spirits with a word and healed all the sick. This was to fulfill what was spoken through the prophet Isaiah: “He took up our infirmities and bore our diseases.”
• Jesus healed the sick that were brought to Him for healing. No one who came in faith for healing was denied. And He “is the same yesterday and today and forever” (Hebrews 13:8). Jesus healed then; Jesus heals today. Come to Him in sincere faith for healing, and you will not be denied.
• Jesus “healed all the sick.” He didn’t pick and choose. He didn’t show any favoritism. Rich and poor, men and women, old and young — He healed all who came to Him in faith to be cured of their afflictions.
• All Christians believe that Jesus paid the price for our sins at the Cross. But here both the apostle Matthew and the prophet Isaiah — see Isaiah 53 in full — are telling us that, in His suffering and death, Jesus also “took up our infirmities and bore our diseases.”
• In sum, “Jesus … healed all the sick … He took up our infirmities and bore our diseases.”
1 Peter 2:24 He himself bore our sins in his body on the cross, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; by his wounds you have been healed.”
New King James Version: “…by whose stripes you were healed.”
• Prior to His crucifixion, Jesus was brutally scourged by the Roman soldiers (Mark 15:15). Peter, quoting from Isaiah 53, tells us that by Jesus’ stripes [ripped in His flesh by the whips] we were healed.
• Notice that “by his wounds/stripes you have been healed.” Just as surely as our sins were taken care of by Christ’s suffering, death, and resurrection, so too our sicknesses were borne by Him. So we don’t have to bear either our sins or our sicknesses. Instead, we come to Jesus both for salvation from sins and healing from sickness! He paid the price 2,000 years ago. Now we can come to Him in faith and receive both forgiveness and physical healing.
• And it is “you” who have been healed, not just the other guy!
• In sum, by the wounds/stripes inflicted upon Jesus’ body … you … have been healed. Sin and sickness were taken care of 2,000 years ago. Just as you can come to Jesus in faith for salvation, just as certainly you can come to Jesus for physical healing. Do it today. You have nothing to lose but your illness!
If this brief study has strengthened your faith, I encourage you to copy the white jpeg above to your computer. Print and post several copies around your house. I've done so. I have one copy on our refrigerator, one on my dresser, and one at my desk. I try to read them out loud several times each day. And as I do that, I find my faith in the Lord for physical healing is growing. Try it; you'll be glad you did. And may God bless you with His healing touch.